Tuesday, June 2, 2009

1:20 AM

Lately I've been incredibly inspired by this photo. The mixture of textures, his haircut combined with the preppy shirt, her fantastic hair combined with a puffer, and how adorable her feet look reaching out of shiny flats.

I also love them as a couple, the way they both look down and bow lovely the compliment each other. Easily one of my favorite photos. How I miss the old Nylon....
It seems my inspirations as of late are those a bit rougher around the edges, such as Jennifer Herrema. It's a very different aesthetic than my old one, which was ladylike and dare I say stuffy. This fearlessness seems much more relevant to my life than prim, and crisp and nary a hair out of place.

This is just a rough of a piece I would like to be more ambitious with. In terms of the rough, I like her as a figure aside from the hands. The dude needs alot more work but that's what reference photos are for! And yes they're pretty much the same people as the above photo. So much for originality I guess..
This is just a doodle from the other day. I've been thinking about including a doodle everyday, but I am so anal retentive, Id probably never be satisifed with how they look. Oh well, so long as it motivates me to draw everyday.

2 comments:

  1. that photo is really wonderful. the mild colors interrupted by his turquoise sweater, the way her face is nuzzled into him... it's so sweet.

    http://anniediamond.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture, too. They look so candid and easy-going.

    ReplyDelete